The creation of this framework was started on the 23rd of December 2015. The development came to a complete stop in May, 2016 (~5 total months of development). The development of this project was halted due to the fact that I wanted to focus on creating a game, and not a framework.
In short form: the Lightshow framework has been completed, but the game being made from/with this framework has not been completed.
Here is a list of some of the frameworks current features :
- 3D skeletal animation with a custom binary exporter that reads .dae and .obj file types and exports my own custom binary file. (written in little endianness)
- Directional shadow mapping
- Runtime GLSL modifications
- Implementation of Bullet Physics (with debug draw)
- Audio and music support
- Text rendering and custom binary file importer and exporter (with byte order swapping for big endian systems)
- Phong shading
- Point lights
- Diffuse shading
- Directional lights
- Omnidirectional shadow mapping
- Particle systems with instanced rendering
Make sure to check out my blog for more information regarding the game that I'm going to create with this framework.